Here are some fun questions to ask kids to know them better! Great conversation starters in order to connect with your kids over lunch or dinner.
When children ask a lot of questions, now is the time to answer them. Here are some entertaining questions for kids to ask each other in order to get to know each other better.
According to research, children under the age of six ask an average of 300 inquiries per day. Even if you’re annoyed by your child’s incessant bombardment of “why” questions, responding to them actually helps to keep their minds open; it also teaches children that imagination and curiosity are both good qualities to possess.
So, what can we do to keep youngsters interested in learning new things? Return the favor by asking them questions of your own! Moreover, children have long been established that they replicate their parents’ language, patterns, habits, and conduct.
Disrupting your routine and putting yourself in uncomfortable situations, asking a child, “How was your day?” or one of the following humorous questions will get the ball rolling on a conversation.
- Do you have any questions for young children?
- What would your stuffed animals say if they could?
- I want to know how you like it when I give you a hug.
- What would you be painting right now if you drew everything that came into your mind?
- What do you expect your dreams to be like tonight?
- What kinds of noises are you drawn to?
- You’d be stuck outside all day. What would you do?
- What’s the greatest way to build a fort?
- What do you suppose animals use to communicate?
- Describe a wonderful day. What distinguishes your approach?
- Among animals, one do you think would make an excellent chauffeur?
- Does sharing with others make you happy? Why?
- Who do you think is literature’s most memorable character?
- What one thing do you now do that requires an adult but you’d like to try doing on your own?
- In your family, what new names would you give to everyone?
- What brings you joy?
- What would you call a dragon if you had one as a pet?
- What kind of activities do you envision doing with a group?
What to Ask Your First-Graders
- Have you ever considered renaming your crayons’ colors?
- What would you sell if you launched a store?
- Your superhero name is “Superman,” and what are your superpowers?
- What would you like to grow in your backyard if you had the ability to do so?
- What do you like to give to others?
- Do you think you chuckled or giggled more than usual today?
- Tell me about your restaurant as though you’re the chef. What kind of cuisine do you offer?
- When and where would you most like to go on vacation? What method of transportation would you use to get there?
- What questions would you ask a wild animal if you could?
- What are some of nature’s greatest attributes?
- What would you photograph if you were a photographer for a day?
- What annoys you the most?
- In your head, do you have any ideas for new inventions?
- Do you think learning a new language would be fun?
- What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
- Make up three new, ridiculous customs to share with the world. On another world, perhaps?
- What would you do if you made the rules in your own home?
- How do you tell if a person is smart?
Questions to Ponder with Older Children
- Describe a favorite topic of yours for daydreaming.
- Share anything about yourself that you believe I may be unaware of.
- Have you been hanging out with any of your buddies lately?
- What’s a happy memory you have?
- You’re on the beach. What do you do right away?
- What inspires you to be fearless in the face of adversity?
- What is it about you that makes you feel loved?
- Which charitable organization would you support if you had $100 to spare?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What kind of clothing would you design if you had the opportunity?
- What causes you to be grateful?
- What would you put in a cave if you built one in the woods?
- How do you become pumped up?
- What kind of character would you portray if you were in a play?
- What are the things that make your pals so great?
- What do you do to deserve such a high rating?
- What are your top three summertime goals?
- How would you stay in touch if you had friends worldwide?
- What kind of circus performance would you perform if you were to join?
- What would you educate your students if you had the opportunity to do as a teacher?