Check out this list of 30 toddler-friendly indoor and outdoor activities. Here’s how to amuse your child without losing your sanity while doing so.
Keeping your child occupied all day might be difficult, especially if you have to stay at home due to an emergency. After all, children are bursting with vitality. Their curiosity and rowdy nature necessitate a steady supply of entertainment and stimulation. Fortunately, there are a plethora of enjoyable and simple toddler activities you can do with your little love bug no matter what the weather is like outside.
For both indoor and outdoor enjoyment, here are some of our favorite kid-friendly activities.
Activities for Young Children in the Outdoors
Outdoor fun is best enjoyed when the weather permits. There is nothing better than stepping outside and getting some fresh air and sunshine, or even swimming in puddles when it rains! Here are some outdoor activities that are sure to bring a smile to the faces of toddlers.
- Set up a teddy bear picnic in your back yard for your friends and family.
- Suggest a design with a sidewalk chalk pen or paint.
- Make confetti out of bubbles.
- Toy around with your sandbox
- Collect rocks/shells/treasures/etc.
- Bicycle or tricycle
- Set up a test of strength.
- Use a water bottle or a rifle to “paint” wooden fences or bricks.
Activities for Toddlers Indoors
A few hours of pretend play every week will quickly become tedious. Indoor toddler activities don’t have to be difficult or monotonous to be successful. There are several ways you can alleviate some of the stress you’re feeling right now.
- Dolls are a great way to introduce your youngster to the concept of caring for someone else’s creations.
- Do a crossword.
- Read a book.
- Throw a party.
- Print out some free coloring sheets and have some fun!
- Blocks are a fun toy.
- Take in a film.
- Make a train, boat, automobile, or house out of cardboard boxes.
- Bowling pins made from paper towel tubes can be used in an indoor bowling alley.
- Create and maintain a rainy-day sensory bin for your toddler to enjoy.
Activities for the Whole Family to Enjoy at Home
It is critical for us to be physically present for our children. Sit around the table, give each other hugs, and spend quality time together as a family as long as everyone is well. Setting aside time to do things as a family and participating completely will make you all feel more connected.
- Play hide-and-seek with your child by hiding a toy someplace in the house and encouraging them to find it by saying “warmer” or “colder.”
- Spend some time cleaning together (my kids used to like sweeping!).
- The song “Red Light, Green Light” should be played to get the party started.
- You can make your own Play Dough.
- Do YouTube workouts, such as this one.
- The two of you can cook something together.
- Bake a sweet treat for your guests
- Take a stroll
- Take a walk in the woods.
- Visit a children’s museum or a library.
- Organize an easy-to-follow scavenger hunt.