THE BEST WAY TO RESPOND TO DISOBEDIENT CHILDREN
You say it once, twice, three times, and perhaps even more times!! Angry people get louder and more furious, and before you realize it, they are yelling! When your child eventually listens to you, he does it reluctantly, or even starts yelling back at you. It’s helpful to know what’s going on in your child’s mind if you’re trying to figure out how to encourage your toddler or other child to pay attention without yelling.
DISOBEDIENCE: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE DISOBEDIENT?
At times, your child or toddler may be uncooperative or obstinate. As long as it happens on a regular basis, defiance or disobedience doesn’t pose a problem.
In the event that your child refuses to listen or is stubborn, here are some things to watch for:
- Instructions are ignored.
- Returning the favor
- The act of demanding
- Wailing or complaining
- Making the opposing move.
WHOSE FAULT IS IT THAT CHILDREN DISOBEY?
A child’s misbehavior always has a reason. In addition to being sleepy, hungry, or ill, children may refuse to accomplish what is expected of them for a variety of additional reasons. It’s possible that you’ve unintentionally fueled your child’s rebellious streak by setting an example of disobedience.
It’s possible that your youngster is defiant because of one or more of the following reasons:
- In order to garner attention, children will do anything, even if it’s bad attention.
- Your children may welcome your attempts to reason with them, nag them, or bargain with them.
- As long as they get out of doing something they don’t want to do, children are more likely to defy or neglect their parents.
- Inconsistent parenting might lead to a child’s confusion (you let them get away with one thing today and expect something different tomorrow)
- There are instances when parents put too much pressure on their children, who aren’t all that flawless.
HOW TO GET KIDS TO PAY ATTENTION IS NOT ALWAYS EASY TO FIGURE OUT
For parents, getting their children to do something the first time they ask isn’t just a fantasy; it’s a reality that you have to work hard to achieve. Keep your family happy and stress-free by getting a handle on your child’s resistance and disobedience before it gets out of hand!