For Boys There’s Trouble Down There

It’s a common theme in movies. Someone gets punched in the genital area. Yow! Most boys might feel embarrassed if they get hurt or have some trouble down there. The scrotum and penis are sensitive parts of the male anatomy. Why? Furthermore, what should you do if you have any discomfort or discomfort “down there”?

As a first step, let’s get a few things clear:

Penis (pronounced: PEE-niss) is the correct term for the male reproductive organ found in the male reproductive system. The pouch below the pubic hairline that houses the testicles (TESS-tih-kulz) is known as the scrotum (SKRO-tum) .

Your heart and lungs are protected by the bones of your ribcage. Muscles protect other internal organs including the liver and kidneys. A boy’s penis and scrotum are unprotected unless you count your underwear. This area is also quite sensitive, so if a soccer ball slams into a guy in this area, it can be excruciating.


There are several ways a boy can injure his penis or scrotum. Cycling or performing sports could be the cause of the problem. If a male is kicked or bumped, this can happen. When participating in certain sports, guys must wear special underwear that shields the penis and scrotum, but most of the time, they don’t.

The good news is that most injuries to boys aren’t life-threatening, although they cause discomfort and sometimes nausea for a short time. A spongy substance and loose attachment to the body make the testicles able to withstand most impacts without lasting injury. Generally, minor injuries do not have long-term ramifications. However, in the event of such an injury, it is prudent to alert a parent.

Within an hour of the harm occurring, the pain should begin to subside if it is a mild injury. An ice pack and pain medicines may also be available for you to use from your parents. Alternatively, you may just relax for a moment by lying down.

The harm could be more severe in some cases. If you need to see a doctor, tell a parent.

  • The discomfort is unbearable.
  • There is no quick fix for the pain.
  • When pierced, the scrotum has been inflicted with a traumatic injury (has a hole in it)
  • As a result of your persistent nausea and vomiting, you develop a fever.

You must see a doctor immediately if you notice any of these symptoms.

Aside from That…

Even if he didn’t get hurt or bumped, a boy’s scrotum or testicles could hurt. The youngster must tell his parents if he’s experiencing any of these symptoms.

If a boy’s urination causes a burning sensation, he may have a urinary tract infection (UTI). A variety of skin illnesses can make a boy’s private area itchy or painful. In the end, a parent must be informed for their child to receive medical attention.

What if a boy is embarrassed to the point where he refuses to participate?

Many men are afraid to tell anyone about their problems with their penis, testicles, or scrotum. A boy does not have to tell everyone — like his entire class! — that he is gay. Just alert his parents or another responsible adult so they can bring him to the doctor as soon as possible.

It may be embarrassing at the moment, but if nothing is done about it, it might develop much worse and be inconvenient. One of our young friends discovered a tick on his genital area. Thanks to him telling his mother, it was quickly removed. What a rude tick, huh?

Meaningful articles you might like: Puberty and BoysIt’s All About PubertyLate-Onset of Puberty